Jul 15, 2007

Chek Jawa

Yesterday, Daddy & Muumy brought us cheekiemonkies on yet another adventure outing - Pulau Ubin!

This time, we were aiming to go jalan jalan at Chek Jawa; the fragile ecosystem that's so dear to Singapore nature.

The morning started off pretty bleak though; 'cos the sky was overcast and I thought there goes my chance of riding in a traditional bumboat. But heng heng, the skies cleared up as we were on our way to the Changi Village jetty and I got my wish of riding in a bumboat; though the engine was pretty loud - so loud til I had to cup my ears with my hands throughout the journey. Hee.

But once we were on Ubin, I was raring to go! But not before stocking up on some fluids first...

And then we were off! Chek Jawa is quite some distance away from the jetty and no, Daddy & Mummy didn't feel like pedalling us there on bicycles. Not with 1 big haversack and 2 fidgety monkies. And definitely not with the bumpy earth trails. Not yet anyway; maybe when we are older. Or so Daddy says. Hahaha...

So anyway, we got this old uncle to ferry there in his van and we were there in no time!

And so began my trek into Chek Jawa...

Oh, I even had the opportunity to brush up my photo-taking skills to use. And this was one of the shots I snapped.

How is it? Machiam like the Blair Witch Project, Daddy said. Hmph!

Back to our trek...

Actually, Chek Jawa was only recently re-opened so that the boardwalks could be constructed for visitors to be able to walk freely around and view the many eco-life that reside there. So now, although you can't snuggle up close with the plants and animals, you need not get your feet wet. A very important criteria for me, 'cos I'm a stickler for cleanliness. :P

And there were quite a lot of stuff to see; like the mangrove swamps, tiny tadpoles, mudskippers, crabs and if you are really lucky, one or two mud lobsters too!

No wonder I was in such a buoyant mood; running along the boardwalk like nobody's business. Hahaha...

And in case you are wondering how come there are no photos of di-di yet... that's because he had been fast asleep since we began our trek. Heh.

But he was soon awake...

Just in time for our short time-out at the rest pavilion.

And needless to say, di-di was full of boundless energy. And Daddy also went camera gila...

After recharging, we were off again!

And I had great fun especially picking up the different sizes of pebbles, leaves and sticks along the way. :P

Soon, the trek came to an end; and we took a well-deserved break sipping our water, perched ontop a nice rock overlooking the vast turquoise sea. Shiok!

Me think di-di and me could spend forever sitting there... hahaha...

But we gave in to our rumbling tummies and we were soon back near the jetty, tucking into our yummy lunches!

Think Daddy & Mummy were super hungry too lor, 'cos they makan finish already, di-di still hadn't finish! Hee hee...

With our buldging tummies, we headed back to the jetty to take our ride back to mainland. But not before stopping to take a look at this uncle who was very good at catching crabs. Poor flower crabs though... kena tangkap 'cos they were greedy.

Our bumboat soon arrived and I bade farewell to this nice island. Hope we'll be back again soon! :)



Email to a friend

No comments :

Newer Post Older Post
................... Home ...................
TOP